What is Sun Basket, you ask? It is the brain child of phenomenal, award-winning chef, Justine Kelly. The company has revolutionized the meal delivery business by providing meals real people can enjoy. Full of taste, and crafted with fresh ingredients for the healthy eater, the meals are restaurant-worthy and never taste like cardboard.
All ingredients are fresh, not frozen or canned. They arrive at your door in containers that ensure they maintain their freshness and do not spoil on their trip to you. Meats are always free of hormones and antibiotics.
All recipes are nutritionally dense. Instead of high sodium or sugar contents, the meals contain things people really need. Things like protein, complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals. There are always gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and vegan options available, which is good not only for health-conscious individuals, but also those with food allergies, intolerances, or diseases like Celiac.
A Few Meal Options
The meal options change every week, but here are a few ideas of what you may expect to find on their menu:
· Vietnamese shaking beef with muol tieu chanh sauce
· Salmon in parchment with shitakes and mango-cucumber salad
· Paprika-rubbed chicken breasts with asparagus and olive tapenade
· Pork chops with green beans and sauce ravigote
· Lamb meatballs with Persian tomato rice
· Quinoa-black bean tostadas with cabbage slaw and avocado
· Fusilli with leeks, fennel, and roasted red pepper
· Spicy chicken with basil stir-fry with jade rice
What You Get + Price Ranges
When deciding which meal plan to use, you can choose from the Classic or Family plans and their sub-options.
· Classic: Allows you to choose from all meal options, and costs $11.99 a serving. Each box contains three recipes handpicked by you. You can choose to have enough ingredients to prepare meals for two to four people.
· Family: Allows meals to be chosen from six different recipes and is catered towards four people. You may decide for two to four recipes arriving at a time. This option is a little cheaper, at $10.99 a serving.
There is also an ongoing introductory offer, which allows you to receive $50 off between your first two orders. This allows you to test drive Sun Basket without spending the full amount per meal box.